Monday, March 28, 2011

Peggy Tanous Breaks Down On Camera



New Real Housewives of Orange County cast member Peggy Tanous, born and raised in the O.C., broke down while revealing her battle with suicide on Sunday's episode.

"I've been in suffering from postpartum depression for the last three years," said Peggy, who has two toddlers. "I felt afraid and I didn't think that that would be a feeling a new mom would have."

Peggy disclosed that she became alarmed at her change in mood while pregnant with her youngest daughter Capri, saying, "I would think to myself, like, 'Should I just go push myself down the stairs 'cause I don't know if I could have another baby, 'cause I don't know if I could go through this again.'"
advertisement

Peggy's husband Micah and his mother held an intervention-type meeting with Peggy about a month after she gave birth to her oldest daughter, London. Following their meeting, Peggy's mother-in-law ordered some treatments for her that helped get Peggy back to normal, although she still struggles with the disorder.

Credit: Entertainment Tonight (Raphael Chestang)