Friday, April 8, 2011

Michaele Salahi: RHODC Can't Happen W/O Me

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2010/stylewatch/blog/100927/michaele-salahi-240.jpgThere are two big shut downs in D.C. this week. But it's Bravo's cancellation of Real Housewives of D.C. after just one season that has former star Michaele Salahi pointing fingers.

"I sort of knew this was going to happen," Salahi, famous for being accused of crashing the White House in November 2009 and stirring up her fellow cast mates, tells PEOPLE. "The other women didn't want me back on the show, and [Bravo executive] Andy [Cohen] stood his ground and said there wouldn't be a show without me on it. I'm grateful to him for that."

Bravo pulled the plug on the show Thursday, despite having what Cohen described in a statement as "an amazing season" that "told stories that were unique to any other in the franchise."

"I wish all our D.C. wives the best and hope to work with them again in another capacity," Cohen's statement continued.

While Salahi says she would have been able to fake it for the camera if there had been a season two – "I'm a great actress," she says – it wouldn't be quite as easy to play nice with the D.C. ladies.

"There was so much negativity with the other women," she says. "If they could blow me up, they would. That's how much they hate me."

She added: "I've moved on," referring to her quick stint on VH1's Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. "I have an offer for a show that is still in the works. I'm happy."

Credit: PEOPLE