Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cristy Rice Talks "Real Housewives of Miami"

http://discotreats.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/glen-rice-wife-cristina-fernandez-rice1.jpgLast week at the Eden Roc Miami Beach, Miami New Times got the chance to catch up with one of the Real Housewives of Miami, Cristy Rice - better known as the single mama/ex-wife of NBAer Glen Rice. And while she stayed a little tame, Rice talked about the show, the fact she is the only one with a job, and what its like to be an actual basketball wife.

Miami New Times: You and the ladies are the first Latina housewives. How does that feel?

Cristy Rice: It's one of the main reasons I did the show. I wanted to show the country a Latina woman, something that has never been done on Bravo.

Doing a reality show can either go really well or well, terrible. What made you want to do the show?
I said no a million times, but eventually no turned into a yes. I actually turned down the show a few times. 

You start of the show as a single lady. Do you have a man in your life these days?
 
I'm still single.

Is it weird to be one of the only wives with an actual job? 

I have had my clothing store for about 10 years and I just took it online. I actually just created a line of accessories and a line of workout wear, so I have been busy.

Bethenny Frankel turned Real Housewives of New York into a full blown empire. Is that a reason you did the show?

It was something that was already in the works, so it can't hurt, right?

What does your ex, retired NBAer Glen Rice, think of you doing the show? 

We talk all the time. He wishes me well.

Credit: Miami New Times (Stacey Russell)