Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Camille Grammer Reflects: 'Maybe, I Was Naïve'

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/real-housewives-beverly-hills-camille-grammer-bravo-getty-275.jpgCamille Grammer is truly embarking on a new life journey these days. Her divorce with Kelsey Grammer is now official. The final episode of Bravo's The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills airs Tuesday (Feb. 15) with the producer's cut of the dinner from hell. And this Thursday, she's guest starring in the season finale of the CBS sitcom, $#*! My Dad Says.

"I play basically a parody of myself," Camille tells Zap2it about her guest appearance. "I'm a real housewife from San Diego and I'm a divorcee. And I'm looking for a new house for me and my children. So, basically it's a parody of my life, but I'm not looking for a house yet."

Zap2It also spoke to the housewife about how she felt about her rollercoaster ride of a Real Housewives season and what she's planning for this next chapter in her life.

When we spoke with you right after the season premiered, you said you edited yourself a bit and it might have affected how you appeared on-camera.
You know, basically my marriage was falling apart and the cameras were rolling. It's a very difficult position to be in.

What was your decision process like regarding what you would allow the cameras to see?
You know when I went into it, I thought the producers liked me, because they thought I was playful and had a silly quality about myself. I don't know if it was seen as silly on 'Housewives.' It kind of turned into something else. You know, as we were filming the whole Nick thing - that was all just for fun. You know, I'm not having an affair with Nick, never did. He's one of my best friends. His wife is one of my best friends, too. He's very close to Kelsey. So, we went into this thinking, 'let's just have fun with it.' So, maybe I should have taken it a little more seriously.

We speak to a lot of housewives and they usually say the first season is trial by fire.
Absolutely, you don't know. I've heard Lisa [Vanderpump] say I was naïve going into it. And maybe, I was naïve going into it. I just thought, 'Oh, it's going to be fun. We're just going to have fun with it.'

We recently spoke to New York housewife, Alex McCord, who was also unhappy about how she came off in her first season. She told us she believes you should return for Season 2 and make things right. Do you believe that you can do that and do you think you'll come back?
The producers and I have all been talking about it. So, will I come back? Maybe. I haven't made my final decision yet. I think it's something we all have to decide together and we're still discussing that.

Credit: Zap2It (Jethro Nededog)