Tuesday, February 22, 2011

LuAnn De Lesseps: “I Don’t Want a Teen Mom”

http://www.fiaf.org/events/spring2009/images/f-2009-04-22-countess.jpg

Although Countess LuAnn De Lesseps made her name as a star on Real Housewives of NYC, there is one reality show she doesn’t get: Teen Mom.

“I haven’t seen it, so I don’t get it,” the mom of two teenagers, Victoria, 16, and Noel, 14, tells me. “I hope not to be the mother of a teen mom myself, because I have a 16-year-old. Luckily, she’s into Top Chef and a lot of reality shows, but Teen Mom is not one of them.”

Still, she doesn’t discount the show’s appeal.

“I think teenagers are curious, like everybody else, to see women going through something like that. Either it’s something they’ve seen before or it’s totally not common from where they’re from, so I think teens are always curious to see how other teens are, like housewives are always curious to see how the Housewives live.”

Credit: OK! Magazine (Valerie Nome)